Thursday, September 15, 2005

Too little, too late...

I should have been at the airport, waiting to go to NO, at this exact time. We would have been together in a few short hours. But Katrina really blew out all of my dreams & hopes. He is already in Houston—a little too late for the little badly-needed vacation I was going to suggest beforehand. I asked if he'd like a visitor but he said it would be too inconvenient, what with him going to be doing alot of traveling on business, trying to get all his ducks in a row, etc. & that it will be at least 3-6 months before he's able to resume life in Nawlins. I asked him flat out if he wants me to come out at all. He said yes, but down the road. Down the road we could both be dead, too, for chrissake...

Now, I would think it wouldn't be TOO inconvenient to have a visitor, say, over a weekend. What the hell involves a weekend?!? I think I'm going to call back later, say relationships are two-way streets, even if one's life has been turned upside down, & you have to make time for each other, even if it does involve inconvenience... I've been inconvenienced many times, but have always made time. I know I shouldn't push him. But I cannot go on with my plans until I have concrete answers to very difficult questions it might be difficult for him to answer. A commitment on a date to get together would be awfully nice...


5 Comments:

Blogger Beatloaf said...

Just lettin' you know that i'm still keepin' up with ya girl! I do not envy your position. Best of luck to YOU and Tom-seperately or together!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Beatloaf said...

oh yeah-I want to read more of your NY City Grryl adventures!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Beatloaf said...

oh yeah-I want to read more of your NY City Grryl adventures!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Beatloaf said...

oh yeah-I want to read more of your NY City Grryl adventures!

7:12 PM  
Blogger Beatloaf said...

oh yeah-I want to read more of your NY City Grryl adventures!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home