Friday, May 20, 2005

Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow...

you're always a day away!

Okay, so I plagarized a line from Annie instead of coming up with something original. But it works, so I'll keep it. You see, I've been promising my dogs forever that tomorrow I'll: 1) bathe & groom them, & 2) take them to the dog park. But tomorrow never comes...it's always *today.* And I am always on this fucking computer.

Doing what, tho? Working, surfing, blogging. I'm surprised I'm not blind by now (though close to it). My vision first started going downhill in '88 when I was working at an ad agency. One of the creative directors had given me a storyboard to translate to computer. When I bemoaned the fact that I couldn't see it, I was accused of not wanting to work. So at lunch I took myself across the street to Cohen's Optical &, lo & behold, I needed glasses. Just a +50 correction, but necessary nonetheless. I went back to the office, presented Joe with this bit of information, & was forgiven.

Today, 17 years later, my vision is +275—something I attribute not to age but to working on a fucking computer 10+ hours a day for each & every one of those years. That I've owned my own computer since '91 only exacerbates my usage. A lot of what I do is screwing around, I must admit, but much is legitimate. To wit: I put a web site to bed this morning (around 10), but have wasted the rest of the day surfing.

I could have been lying beside the pool tanning, or gone golfing with my friend Bill; could have worked out at the gym or tended to my puppies. Which I intend to do. Tomorrow. Tend to the puppies, that is.

Tonight I will shut my laptop down (at a reasonable hour), put it in its case instead of leaving it on the table, & let it rest. At least until Sunday morning...because tomorrow belongs to the dogs ;]



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home